Quick! What do you make for dinner when you’ve only got 10 minutes? Just open up some cans, and empty them into a pot. Now bake up the oil-free tortilla strips while you are waiting for the soup to heat and suddenly, you have a hot and healthy, plant-based meal that EVERYONE WILL LOVE! Add a scoop of pre-cooked rice and you are all ready to go!
10 Minute Tortilla Soup
- 1 15 oz. can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15 oz. can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15 oz. can sweet corn (or 1 cup frozen corn)
- 1 14 oz. can petite diced, fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 10 oz. bottle mild green taco sauce. (or 1 7 oz. can mild green salsa.)
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons (or 1/2 package) taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 recipe Crispy Baked Tortilla Strips (Oil-free)
- 4 cups cooked white or brown rice (optional) OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL TOPPINGS:
- sliced green onion
- chopped cilantro
- diced avocado
- sliced black olives
- Fresh lime wedges
- Cashew Sour Cream
1. Drain and rinse the beans and corn.
2. Combine the beans, corn, tomatoes, broth, salsa and seasonings in a medium sized cooking pot. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot.
3. While the soup is heating, make the Crispy Baked Tortilla Strips.
Place a scoop of cooked rice in the center of each soup bowl. Ladle hot soup over the rice. Top with 2 Tablespoons Crispy Baked Tortilla Strips. Serve immediately.
Optional: Add any additional toppings, as desired.
Find this recipe and more great plant-based recipes at http://www.LittleBluePlates.com