Coco Curry Ichibanya
If you ever visit Japan, be sure to eat at the famous restaurant, Coco Curry Ichibanya. Or you can just make this perfect copycat recipe at home.
- 1 box golden curry (See photo below.)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- 6 sprigs cilantro for garnish
- Put the diced onions, potatoes and carrots into a large skillet. Add water to the pot just until it covers the vegetables. Cook vegetables in the water until soft. (10-12 minutes or so.)
- Open the box of curry and break off little chunks of the curry mix, adding a few chunks at a time followed by stirring well, until it tastes right. (I usually add about 3/4 of a box, but you can add more for a stronger taste.) Add 2 tablespoons cocoa powder and stir to mix well.
- When curry has thickened, turn off the heat and add frozen peas.
- Serve over hot cooked rice and garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
NOTE: Here’s what the curry box looks like. It can be found in any larger grocery store in the Asian section. Pick your box color based on how spicy you like your curry.
Find this recipe and more great plant-based recipes at http://www.LittleBluePlates.com