Remember childhood, when you would run home from school and stir sugary pink powder into a cold glass of milk-then slurp it down quick with a paper straw? Well now you can leave that processed pink powder in your childhood memories, because THIS strawberry milk recipe is fresh, wholesome and plant-based! It only takes a couple of minutes to make, and it tastes even better than the powdered stuff, so why not mix up a tall, cold glass right now?
Homemade Strawberry Milk
Homemade Strawberry Milk- just like you remember from childhood, but now made more wholesome and plant-based.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or other plant milk)
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, date sugar, or other natural sweetener (Reduce or omit if using pre-sweetened almond milk.
- 1/3 cup crushed ice, or 3 ice cubes
- Partially thaw frozen strawberries by placing them in a microwave safe container, and microwave on high for 45 seconds.
- Place partially thawed strawberries in a blender container. Add almond milk, vanilla, and sugar. Blend for 1 minute, or until strawberries are well incorporated, and milk is pink.
- Add crushed ice and blend for another 30 seconds.
- Pour into a tall glass. Add a straw, and serve immediately.
Find this recipe and more great plant-based recipes at http://www.LittleBluePlates.com