In a hurry? Too tired to cook? No time to make lunch or dinner? This quick-to-fix bowl is a simple way to help you stick to your plant-based eating goals, even when you’re short on time.
With pre-cooked pasta in the freezer, this dish is ready to eat in about 2 minutes. You can even put it together in the morning and take it with you. And since it tastes just as good either WARM or COLD, you’ll always have a satisfying lunch option available.
Italian Tomatoes with Pasta Shells
No time to make lunch? This simple recipe is ready to eat in less than 2 minutes.
Cook’s Tip=”Cook up a whole package of pasta, then freeze it in 1 cup portions in z-lock bags, to pull out whenever you want to make this quick lunch.”
- 1- 15 oz. can Italian-style Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 cup pre-cooked whole wheat pasta shells, (or brown rice pasta)
- 3-5 fresh basil leaves, sliced thin or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (if needed.)
- 1 tablespoon 2 minute vegan parmesan
- Open can of stewed tomatoes and pour into a single size serving bowl.
- Add 1 cup pre-cooked whole-wheat pasta shells.
- Microwave tomatoes and pasta for 2 minutes, until heated through.
- Taste the tomatoes and pasta. If there is a strong tomato acidy taste, add 1/2 teaspoon sugar and stir well.
- Sprinkle with 2 minute vegan parmesan, and top with shredded fresh basil leaves, and serve immediately.
Find this recipe and more great plant-based recipes at http://www.LittleBluePlates.com
4 thoughts on “Italian Tomatoes with Pasta Shells”
Comments are closed.