I used to do TV demos for Electrolux Appliances, and featured this beautiful salad on one episode.
Watch the demo below.
A refreshing salad, with a sweet and tangy fat-free dressing.
- – 2 cups leafy greens, chopped (spring mix, romaine, spinach, etc.)
- Oil-free dressing (recipe below.)
– 1 cup chopped veggies (Broccoli, cucumbers, carrots, snap peas, jicama, etc.)
– 1 cup cooked tricolored quinoa
-1 cup berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, sliced strawberries, etc.) or other fruit, chopped. (Apples, pears, orange segments, etc.)
-Chopped toasted pecans, or sliced almonds for garnish (optional)
-1/3 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
-1/3 cup maple syrup
-2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
-1/8 teaspoon sea salt
-1 tablespoon chia seeds or poppy seeds
Pour all ingredients in a blender and blend for about 30 seconds.
Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.”
1. Combine greens, quinoa and chopped veggies in a salad bowl, and set aside.
2. Prepare dressing (recipe below) using a blender to combine ingredients.
3. Pour desired amount of dressing over salad just before serving. Toss well to combine.(Refrigerate any remaining dressing to use on future salads throughout the week.)
4. Add berries, then mix lightly, so as not to crush the fruit.
5. Garnish with chopped toasted pecans or sliced almonds, if desired, and serve immediately.
Find this recipe and more great plant-based recipes at http://www.LittleBluePlates.com